Developed in the 1970s by Kryolan Professional Make-Up, Dermacolor is a paramedical line specifically designed to correct skin discoloration or disfigurement, no matter the origin. It is especially useful for minimizing post-surgical conditions and has successfully completed multiple rounds of clinical testing, earning the brand a well-deserved spot as an industry leader.
Why Choose Dermacolor
1. Cosmetic Camouflage: When properly applied, the hyper-pigmented Dermacolor Camouflage Creme can correct not only the color of skin abnormalities but also the texture. It also works great as a cream foundation and concealer, or as a tattoo coverup.
2. Body Camouflage: Dermacolor offers Body Camouflage, a special formula for correcting skin discoloration on the body, arms, legs, and hands. Body Camouflage is a favorite in the film industry, where it is frequently used to smooth the appearance of legs and arms for actors and models.
3. Staying Power: The Camouflage Creme is long lasting, and, when used in conjunction with the Dermacolor Fixing Spray and Fixing Powder, is also smudge proof and waterproof. Additionally, the combination of these products protects the skin from harmful environmental factors and enables the application to stand up to intense conditions, such as heat or swimming. The Body Camouflage is also weatherproof and smudge-resistant, though it does not require the use of powder.
4. Variety: At present, the Camouflage Creme is available in 50+ shades, all of which can be intermingled with one another for highlighting and contouring, allowing you to achieve a more natural look. The colors are also blendable when custom shades are needed. Dermacolor Body Camouflage is currently offered in 28 shades.
Dermacolor Camouflage Creme Palettes
The Dermacolor Camouflage Creme is available in a variety of palettes. The colors in each palette were chosen to complement a specific range of skin tones and can easily be restocked with Dermacolor Refills. We recommend Palette C, which provides an ideal variety of shades for use by professional makeup artists.
How to Use:
1. Choose the shade or shades that you will be working with. Using a palette knife or the back of a brush, scoop a small amount of each color out and place on the back of your hand.
2. Mix the creme on the back of your hand in order to warm it to body temperature. This will make it easier to apply.
3. Apply the creme base color to the targeted area using a makeup sponge or your fingers. Blend out the edges with a brush or dry sponge.
4. Utilize additional colors for highlighting and shading to achieve a more natural appearance.
5. Once you are happy with the application, use the accompanying powder puff to apply the Dermacolor Fixing Powder. Allow the powder to set for 5-10 minutes, and then use a powder brush to gently remove any excess powder. This will make the Camouflage Creme waterproof.
6. After the Fixing Powder is set, spray the Dermacolor Fixing Spray onto the skin from a distance of 20-30 cm. Once the spray has dried, the application will also be smear proof. This step is especially important if you will be using the Creme in an area that is prone to rubbing, like the hands and neck.