Ideal for novices and professionals alike, these bald caps offer a reliably high quality experience. Handcrafted and manufactured from durable, high quality latex that is resistant to tears and provides an excellent fit. BGE bald caps, are preferred by makeup artists across the globe for both film and stage. The ultra fine edges and extra length in the sides and back guarantee a professional, customized fit that easily covers sideburns and is suitable for any size head. The wide nape ensures a smooth fit and generous coverage, making it the perfect choice for long or thick hair. BGE bald caps can be ordered in three sizes, ensuring that you get the best fit possible. By following the enclosed step-by-step instructions, even beginners can achieve high quality results.
Items You Will Need:
- Spirit Gum Adhesive & Remover
- Strong Hair Gel
- Liquid Latex
- Setting Powder
- Make-up for Prosthetics
- Stipple Sponge
- Gel hair back as flat as possible, dry with blow dryer
- Place bald cap on head making sure it’s centered and covering the hairline.
- Dampen a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol to clean hairline and the area of the skin where the bald cap will be glued.
- With a pencil or fine marker draw a circle about one inch about one inch from center of each ear, continue the line to the bottom edge of the bald cap. Cut out the circle following the line you just drew and test fit around each ear. Trim further if needed.
- Fold back front edge of bald over itself. Apply spirit gum on the skin under edge of bald cap. Allow the spirit gum to become tacky. Carefully fold bald cap down and press onto adhesive. Work any bubbles out. Allow adhesive to dry.
- Apply spirit gum to the back of the neck. Tack the spirit Gum. Tilt head back and press edge of bald cap on to the neck allowing for the adhesive to dry.
- Working forward from neck to front of cap pull slightly on cap and begin gluing edges.
- For better blending, stipple liquid latex along visible glued edges of cap. When dry, powder latex to eliminate any tackiness.
- Apply prosthetic makeup as desired.
- With a brush or cotton swab, work spirit gum remover along edge of cap (avoid eye area). Gently peel cap off where remover has been applied. Clean any spirit gum residue.